The Maya Devi Charitable Hospital is a 20-bed facility which includes the following:
- Medical staff of nine, including four doctors, three nurses, one technician and a pharmacist
- Onsite Pharmacy
- Onsite X-Ray Machine
- Onsite laboratory for blood, urine and other analysis
- Solar power plant to operate the hospital independent from the utility grid
- Two waiting rooms, each with a capacity of about 15 people
- Open space to enjoy sunshine
- Five offices / workstation for medical staff
- Two residences, each with a living area of about 1,100 square feet, built on top of the hospital as a fully integrated building structure
Other features of the hospital are as follows:
- This MDC Hospital is one of the largest buildings in the village
- It is the only building with running tap water with its own source of treated ground water
- It is the only building with granite floor which was donated or provided at heavily discounted prices by regional suppliers
Once the hospital opened its doors, it got very busy very quickly. By the end of the first week of its operation, it almost reached its capacity. It continued to operate at more-or-less full capacity. In June 2012, two additional doctors were hired to manage the workload. In 2013, nearly 24,000 patients visited the hospital and services were provided by medical staff of eight doctors and nurses. One more staff was added in 2014.
The attached documents shows the patient load, the nature of diseases diagnosed and medicines being provided.